Website Monitoring With Nagios
Nagios provides complete monitoring of websites, web applications, web transactions, and web services – including availability, URL monitoring, HTTP status, content monitoring, hijack detection, and more.
Implementing effective website monitoring with Nagios offers the following benefits:
- Increased website and web application availability
- Increased website performance
- Fast detection of outages, website defacement, and website hijacking
- Capacity planning information for future web server and application upgrades
Nagios XI - The Industry Standard Monitoring Solution
Nagios XI is the most powerful IT infrastructure monitoring solution on the market. Nagios XI extends on proven, enterprise-class Open Source components to deliver the best monitoring solution for today's demanding organizational requirements.
Designed for scalability and flexibility, XI is designed to make problematic IT monitoring tasks simple, while retaining the powerful attributes of its enterprise-class foundation blocks.
Monitoring Websites with Nagios XI
This document describes how to monitor websites effectively with Nagios XI. There are three different wizards to help you monitor your websites. The Website Wizard is used to monitor the steady-state aspects of a website. The Website URL is very similar and allows you to monitor the status and content of a specific URL. Finally, the Web Transaction Wizard monitors transactions and other interactive activities on your website.
Find in-depth details on the website monitoring capabilities of Nagios:
- Web Performance Monitoring
- Web Application Monitoring
- Web Transaction Monitoring
- Website Defacement Detection
- Website Hijack Detection
- Website Content Monitoring
- URL Monitoring
- HTTP Monitoring
- SSL Certificate Monitoring
by Scott Wilkerson