Linux Monitoring With Nagios
Nagios provides complete monitoring of Linux operating systems and distributions – including operating system metrics, service state, process state, file system usage, and more. When you use Nagios to monitor your Linux environment, you’re using one of the most powerful Linux monitoring tools on the planet.
Implementing effective Linux monitoring tools with Nagios offers the following benefits:
- Increased server, services, and application availability
- Fast detection of network outages and protocol failures
Nagios is the Linux Monitoring Tool.
Monitoring Linux Using SNMP
Learn how to monitor Linux machines with Nagios XI using SNMP. SNMP is an “agentless” method of monitoring network devices and servers, and is often preferable to installing dedicated agents on target machines.
Installing the XI Linux Agent
This document describes how to install the Linux monitoring agent on target RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, SLES, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, and Debian Linux servers. Other Linux distributions may be added in the future.
These Nagios solutions provide Linux monitoring capabilities and benefits:
- Linux Monitoring Wizard
- Linux SNMP Monitoring Wizard
- NRPE Monitoring Wizard
- SSH Proxy Monitoring Wizard
- Linux Plugins
- More Linux Plugins
- Monitoring Linux Using SNMP
- Installing The Nagios XI Linux Agent
- Installing The Nagios Debian And Ubuntu Agent