SSH Monitoring With Nagios
Nagios provides complete monitoring of SSH – including reachability, service availability, ability to login. In addition, Nagios has the capability to tunnel other monitoring checks over SSH for increased security.
Implementing effective SSH monitoring with Nagios offers the following benefits:
- Increased server, services, and application availability
- Fast detection of network outages and protocol failures
Monitoring Hosts Using SSH
This document describes how to monitor hosts with Nagios XI by using SSH to execute monitoring plugins and scripts on remote machines.
These Nagios solutions provide SSH monitoring capabilities and benefits:
- Generic Network Device Monitoring Wizard
- SSH Login Monitoring Wizard
- SSH Proxy Monitoring Wizard
- Remote Check Tunneling Plugins
[wp_social_sharing social_options='facebook,twitter,googleplus,linkedin' twitter_username='nagiosinc' facebook_text='Share on Facebook' twitter_text='Share on Twitter' googleplus_text='Share on Google+' linkedin_text='Share on Linkedin' icon_order='f,t,g,l' show_icons='1' before_button_text='' text_position='' social_image='1']