VMware Monitoring With Nagios
Nagios provides the capabilities to monitor an assortment of metrics on the various VMware platforms including VMware Workstation, ESX Hosts, vSphere or vCenter Servers. To monitor VMware systems in Nagios XI is as easy as running the VMware Wizard.
Implementing effective virtualization monitoring with Nagios offers the following benefits:
- Increased server, services, and application availability
- Fast detection of server and operating system failures
- Fast detection of service and application failures
- Reduced deployment time
- Reduced administrative overhead
- Centralized configuration
- Ability to monitor the following Metrics
- CPU Usage
- Input / Output
- Datastore usage
- VM Status
These Nagios solutions provide virtualization monitoring capabilities and benefits:
Nagios XI - The Industry Standard Monitoring Solution
Nagios XI is the most powerful IT infrastructure monitoring solution on the market. Nagios XI extends on proven, enterprise-class Open Source components to deliver the best monitoring solution for today's demanding organizational requirements.
Designed for scalability and flexibility, XI is designed to make problematic IT monitoring tasks simple, while retaining the powerful attributes of its enterprise-class foundation blocks.
by Scott Wilkerson