With the new year upon us, most of us are taking some time to set goals that we hope will shape and redefine us in 2019. With all the amazing tech that is at our fingertips, we now have the tools necessary to make these goals a reality without having to think about it.
In our every day lives, we are already accustom to organization and automation that tech provides. By leveraging the power and ease of this technology, you can effortlessly stay on track.
Although you may already be aware of and are using some of these ideas below, it is always good to review and implement the latest tech trends.
Below are some of the top New Year’s Resolutions of 2019. Whatever goals you have set for yourself, technology can be there to help keep you accountable and provide some consistency. Check out some of our suggestions to help keep you on the right track.
Resolution: Mental and Physical Wellness
“Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being.” – Greg Anderson
At Nagios, we encourage our employees to focus on both. Here are some of our suggestions to get your mind and body feeling right by using technology that is easily accessible:
- Meditation Apps: These apps are on the rise and many people are tuning in! Studies are showing that meditating can decrease stress and increase productivity. Even if you are a beginner, we encourage you to test out the many apps out there and find one that fits your lifestyle.
- Telemedicine: Between work, home and play, making time to see the doctor can seem like a daunting task. Telemedicine is making it easier to do some basic health checks from the comfort of your own home. Many insurance companies will cover these costs and there are a lot of different options based on your coverage and where you live.
- Wearable devices:There are thousands of devices and gadgets in the wearable market which help you live a healthier and better life. Whether you are using it to count steps,
monitor your heart rate or log your workouts this technology gets better every day. There are even devices that can monitor air quality through inhaler use, monitor glucose levels and automatically disburse insulin or even detect breast cancer through bra inserts. The data that you get is great for staying motivated and will also give you more insight on your overall physical health.
- Meal Tracking and Delivery Services: Portion control and healthy food choices are something we all know we should do. Meal tracking and delivery services have made it so easy to do this.
- Improve Sleeping: From WiFi mattress pads to smart pillows, there is a myriad of options to help monitor, track and ultimately improve your sleep.
Resolution: Get a Handle on Organization and Finances
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Gaining the knowledge to get organized personally and financially is one of the best investments you can make this year. The days of balancing your checkbook by hand are long gone, but these organization and money saving tools can provide some great return on investment:
- Integrate Calendars: Whether it is personal, work, bills, friends, family, combing all your calendars and tasks in one location gives you a centralized view of your day to day. Having a calendar with alerts and daily reminders eases the stress and can lead toward financial freedom.
- Acorns App: Not sure where to begin with saving and investing? This simple app rounds up every purchase to the nearest dollar (example: a cup of coffee is $4.79, you pay $5.00 and $0.21 is sent to the Acorns app). Watch your money pile up in the app and you can save or invest it.
- Auto-pay: Your payment history is an important factor for long term financial success. Setting this up is easily done online or through an app. Although you can set it, don’t forget it! Make sure to set up alerts and still check in to make sure payment amounts haven’t changed.
- Coupon and Discount Apps: Ever tried Groupon or Retailmenot? Theses savvy coupon apps allow you to purchase items and activities you love at a discounted price. Make sure you check them out before you head to the store or when planning a fun night out.
- Cutting the Cable Cord: With the never-ending video streaming options, more people are saving money by getting rid of cable and opting for a couple streaming services.
Resolution: Travel More
“You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
Start with a date and a destination and the rest will all fall into place. Be bold and get this on your calendar. We all know traveling can be expensive and stressful. These gadgets, websites and apps can help you save money and ease the burden to allow for more travel this year!
- Vacation Rentals: Hotel costs too much? Check out all the great sites that allow you to rent from a variety of unique accommodations.
- Travel Itinerary Planners: Consolidate all your reservations into one spot. You will have a master itinerary that you can access from anywhere at any time.
- Translation Apps: It is now easier than ever to communicate with someone who speaks a different language! There are a lot of apps out there that make learning a new language interactive and fun. Best part is, you can download the app and have a translator with you wherever you go!
- Skiplagged/Hipmunk: Check out these awesome websites that allow you to travel cheaper, faster and provide you with options you didn’t know existed. Be sure to read up on how each of these sites work.
- Site seeing apps: From guided walking tours, to mapping out attractions, to figuring out the local transportation these apps allow you to cut the expense of having a travel agent!
Nagios was created with the goal of allowing people all over the world the ability to relax and leverage technology in an all encompassing space. This ideology is now driving all kinds of technology in today’s world. We’d love to hear how you are using technology in your everyday life to make things just a little bit easier for you.