E-Services S.R.L. is an innovative energy company offering solutions in monitoring, VoIP, call centers, and IT solutions. E-Services S.R.L. saw the need for a powerful tool to perform monitoring for organizations of all sizes. E-Services S.R.L. chose to partner with Nagios and become the official representative of Nagios XI in Paraguay.
E-services are needed to provide a monitoring solution to the National Administration of Electricity (ANDE) in Paraguay. ANDE is the only public organization in Paraguay that manages all of the electricity in the country, from distribution to billing. ANDE has infrastructure throughout the country and manages everything from Paraguay’s capital, Asuncion.
E-Services and ANDE required diverse and complex solutions in order to successfully implement a monitoring service throughout the country. This included a complete solution for real-time monitoring of network equipment, servers, cameras, UPS, and data center sensors. They also required statistics on the equipment and services used to manage the electricity service.
“The efficiency and proactivity levels of our resources were raised. Nagios’ centralized monitoring provided an excellent panoramic view, and our troubleshooting time decreased. The valuable and precise information was presented in well-organized reports.” – Marco Aponte, CEOE-Services, S.R.L.
To set up a monitoring system across Paraguay, one would have to carefully consider monitoring bandwidth, setting up different levels of support for hosts that are only being watched, a high availability system with a failover system, and a system that can be accessed from afar.
Taking care of all of E-Services and ANDE’s needs was tricky, but Nagios built a solution by providing them with:
- A procedure to configure all monitored devices and provide the necessary information
- An implementation of NagVis for all graphics
- Different escalations according to the urgency of the incident and coordinating custom schedules for alerts
- The option to use Nagios’ easy configuration for their machines and applications
- A tool that provides the real-time status of hosts and alerts their teams to problems in real time, allowing SysAdmins to work efficiently
The Bottom Line
Nagios provided E-Services and ANDE with real-time solutions, including:
- A centralized monitoring system for their entire infrastructure, easing the SysAdmin workload
- Helpful and intuitive statistics that simplify decision-making and aid troubleshooting
- Easy-to-understand graphics and displays
- Excellent availability, thanks to the mirrored servers with the failover system