Astiostech is a leading open-source solution provider based in Malaysia, focusing on monitoring and IPPBX solutions. With expertise in strong IP telephony, networking, open-source applications, and programming skills, their team delivers high-quality solutions to meet customer needs.
Astiostech required a solution to cover their monitoring network infrastructure and server health, which included more than 5,000 units of network equipment, from switches to routers to firewalls, and approximately 2,500 servers. They also wanted a single-point monitoring view and a high-availability setup.
Nagios met all of Astiostech’s requirements, providing them with:
- Two separate Nagios implementations
- A customized scheduler to back up Cisco’s configuration with daily, weekly, or
- Custom reporting via a Jasper Report Server with reporting templates
- A High Availability setup via Heartbeat and DRBD combinations
The Bottom Line
Nagios provided Astiostech with real-time solutions:
- The two separate Nagios implementations decreased the likelihood of failure and
mitigated the amount of reload time for each session
- The large-scale, distributed monitoring solution decreased the amount of time and
money spent by the customer on monitoring servers and infrastructure