Nagios Enterprises is a Twin Cities-based software company. We’re looking for a knowledgeable tech that know their way around Linux and the LAMP stack. This is a customer-facing position that requires a strong blend of debugging and communication skills. You’ll be working with both customers and resellers to resolve complex technical issues in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, you’ll be helping with pre-sales efforts, technical documentation, and quality assurance testing.
This position is eligible for advancement to other roles with demonstrated ability, personality, and initiative. The pay rate is commensurate with experience and demonstrated troubleshooting ability.
Your duties will include:
- Helping customers via tickets, phone and forums solve technical issues and answer product questions
- Updating internal and customer-facing documentation
- Assisting our open-source users on the Nagios Community forum
- Working with members of our tech team to solve tough technical problems
- Testing software that integrates with Nagios
- QA testing for new releases
Required technical qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal skills and grasp of the English language
- Local to the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metro area
- 3+ Years work experience in Windows/Linux/network/systems technical support
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Professional work ethic and attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Linux (CentOS or RedHat preferable)
- Experience with Windows (desktop and/or server operating systems)
- Experience with Apache
- Experience with Scripting (Perl, Shell, Python, Powershell, etc)
- Experience with Stream processing on Linux/Unix systems
- Experience with Debugging and troubleshooting skills on Linux
Additional desired skills:
- Experience with network infrastructure monitoring
- Experience with VMware / Microsoft virtualization solutions (e.g. ESX and Virtual Server)
- Experience with Web, DNS, FTP, and mail servers
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experience with programming languages (PHP, C/C++, etc)
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres
- Experience with Linux package management (RPMs, etc)
Term and Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position Full-time applicants are eligible for health, dental, PTO, and 401k benefits.
Interested? Send your resume in MS Word, OpenOffice, PDF, or text format to “jobs” at nagios.com and tell us why you’d be the best fit for our company.
Nagios Enterprises is a Twin Cities-based software company that’s disrupting the IT infrastructure monitoring market. Our network monitoring products are used worldwide and have strong brand recognition that rivals other long-term industry leaders.