Join the Nagios Team!
Open source movement. Dot com boom. Internet of Things. We’ve thrived through every iteration of the 21st century Digital Age because we monitor the world’s IT infrastructure like no one else: nearly any device, anytime, anywhere, with one dashboard of results that give you certainty about your IT network and everything that’s on it. From small nonprofits to the most complex corporations and governments, we gather, deliver and analyze critical network data that supports your vision, mission and ambition. Nagios is used by millions of users worldwide because we’ve seen it all, we can monitor almost anything imaginable, and we’re built to anticipate what comes next.
Nagios Enterprises is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer who thrives when working in conjunction with the sales and channel team as a key technical advisor and product advocate. This role must be able to seamlessly articulate technology and product positioning during the pre-sales process. You will be an integral part of the Nagios Team where you will provide subject matter expertise and support to customers, partners, and internal team members. You will use your technical knowledge to assist a wide range of customers with very diverse needs as well as working to enable Nagios partners to sell and build on Nagios Enterprise Solutions.
- Provide and explain technical concepts to the Nagios Sales Team, potential customers, and Nagios Partners
- Coordinate heavily with the Support Tech team, Product Team, Partner Team and the Sales Team to drive sales and meet goals
- Create and deliver energetic and in-depth solution presentations and demonstrations for the Nagios Sales Team, potential customers, and Nagios Partners
- Produce and continually maintain technical documentation for Nagios Partners in conjunction with the Nagios Product Team
- Work directly with Nagios Partners to support their technical needs; POCs, implementation, requirements, etc.
- Document and share feedback (product issues, feature requests, technical requirements, etc.) with Nagios Product, Support and Channel Teams
- Adeptly communicate technical concepts to all user experience levels with native and non-native English speakers alike
- Ongoing, proactive learning, including incorporating and sharing new knowledge and skills into your regular on the job activities
- Respond to incoming technical inquires from customers and partners to educate and influence their buying decisions
- Operate with transparency, integrity and respect that reflects a positive attitude
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical sales role or customer facing technical position
- Experience and familiarity with modern infrastructures such as SaaS, cloud, containers, etc.
- Experience deploying/supporting IT infrastructure (servers, software, networks, etc.)
- General knowledge of, or willingness to learn, about Nagios products
- Previous Nagios experience
- Experience with performance and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Proficiency with LAMP stack
- Knowledge of network architecture
- Understanding of common ports and protocols