Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Join the Nagios Team!
Open source movement. Dot com boom. Internet of Things. We’ve thrived through every iteration of the 21st century Digital Age because we monitor the world’s IT infrastructure like no one else: nearly any device, anytime, anywhere, with one dashboard of results that give you certainty about your IT network and everything that’s on it. From small nonprofits to the most complex corporations and governments, we gather, deliver and analyze critical network data that supports your vision, mission and ambition. Nagios is used by millions of users worldwide because we’ve seen it all, we can monitor almost anything imaginable, and we’re built to anticipate what comes next.
Join an energized, industry leading team of sales professionals in the ever-expanding field of enterprise software sales. As a Sales Development Representative with Nagios Enterprises, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, researching, handling objections and creating Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) for our team of Sales Professionals. This is a pivotal role in our company’s success, and we want motivated self-starters with a technical aptitude and affinity for technology to help us expand our footprint in the world of IT monitoring. This is a fast-paced job, and we need individuals who can demonstrate an ability to get customers excited.
Your Duties will Include
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries.
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence.
- Effectively partner and work across the GTM teams – including direct and indirect sales channels and marketing.
- Determine the prospects interest in Nagios.
- Establish effective sales funnel and customer pipeline.
- Work closely with other teams to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools [redacted].
- Qualify leads and schedule appointments and demos for the Sales Executives.
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone, email and chat.
- Act as the subject matter expert on product offerings/solution development skills.
- Maintain data integrity in our company CRM.
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, LinkedIn, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team.
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by [redacted].
- Strong and professional communication skills — written, verbal, presentation.
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: strong desire to compete and win.
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Standard office environment.
- Temporarily Remote during COVID.
- Must have flexibility to work more than standard 8-hour days, occasionally.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Insurance
- HSA option with Employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO
- 401K with Employer match
- Employer paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance
- Potential for bonuses based on performance
Interested? Send your resume in MS Word, OpenOffice, PDF, or text format to “jobs” at nagios.com and tell us why you’d be the best fit for our company.