Linux and LAMP Stack Development Intern
St. Paul, MN
Nagios Enterprises is looking for knowledgeable techs that know their way around Linux and the LAMP stack. We’re looking for interns with exceptional potential to become rockstar developers to join our quickly growing team. Development knowledge and skills are required, but we’re specifically interested in those who show exceptional genius when it comes to solving complex problems and creating awesome solutions.
Your duties will include
- Developing new software solutions (and enhancing existing solutions) relating to IT systems/network management
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs in existing software solutions
- Architecting software and service solutions to meet our client’s needs
- Interacting with clients and in-house staff in person and via phone calls, emails, etc.
Required technical qualifications
- Pursuit of a post-secondary degree in computer science or related degrees (for part-time applicants)
- Experience working using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages (preferably PHP and/or C/C++) and database systems (MySQL and/or PostgresQL)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience using SVN, Git or other revision management system
Preferred technical qualifications
- A post-secondary in computer science or equivalent experience in software development (for full-time applicants)
- Experience with basic Linux administration and shell scripting
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java, Python, or Perl
- Post-secondary degree in computer science
- Experience with VMware or other virtualization solution
- Experience with development frameworks (CodeIgniter, etc)
- Experience with continuous testing and/or continuous development
Required general qualifications
- Local to the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metro area
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Attention to detail
- Professional work ethic and attitude
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative
- Ability to learn and problem-solve quickly
Term and Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested in a part-time or full-time position? We’re flexible!
Interested? Send your resume to “jobs” at nagios.com and tell us why you’d bring more kung fu development to our company than another applicant.
Nagios Enterprises is a Twin Cities-based software company that’s disrupting the IT infrastructure monitoring market. Our network monitoring products are used worldwide and have strong brand recognition that rivals other long-term industry leaders.