Customer Success Manager
Join the Nagios Team!
Nagios Enterprises is looking for a full-time Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help our existing sales staff by maintaining and improving relationships with existing customers. The CSM is pivotal to the success of our customers and Nagios alike. Your role in their success is driven by your desire to expand their understanding of the benefits of our full suite of products and assist them with best practices when it comes to monitoring. Your primary goal as CSM is customer retention and a land-and-expand strategy for our additional products.
This is a great mid-level sales/customer service position in the IT industry, supporting customers in the SMB and Enterprise space across all industry verticals. Demonstrated success in this roll will provide you with potential to grow your career with Nagios Enterprises.
Your duties will include
- Utilize our CRM (Salesforce) as the central point of knowledge for our customer information.
- New customer on-boarding: establish introduction and serve as the primary point of contact throughout the customer lifecycle once purchase is made.
- Track customer satisfaction and experience by conducting surveys; create quotes, blurbs, case studies, and testimonials from clients for marketing purposes.
- Work with the sales manager to help develop strategies and content to achieve customer retention and satisfaction goals.
- Closely review sales metrics with the sales manager to identify upsell opportunities.
- Identify “at-risk” renewal customers early in the life cycle, define and address issues inhibiting a successful, timely renewal.
- Escalate and resolve conflicts arising from negative customer experiences and/or other areas of concern as needed; Notify the sales manager regarding critical issues discovered related to customer success, participate in and track resolution of customer issues.
- Educate and connect customers with resources needed to achieve product use success such as forums, webinars, customer support, demos and other timely information to ensure customer satisfaction and success.
- Work with expired customers to outline the benefits of active account benefits and guide through the renewal process.
- Make recommendations for additional products and solutions when appropriate.
- Perform regular evaluations and documentation of Customer Success goals progress and project status.
- Record data to ensure accurate sales reporting and revenue projections.
- Maintain regular communication with your clients as outlined in the processes.
- Identify customer organizational changes and update contacts list with current primary, renewal and support contacts.
- Perform weekly analysis of customer communication channels, including bulk email newsletters and other email communications and survey results, measure and evaluate subscribers and click rates.
- Accurately and consistently document customer interactions and customer success processes.
- Attend regular sales and technical training sessions to constantly improve professional skills.
- Notify the sales manager immediately if deadlines, tasks or goals cannot be completed in the time frame requested, or other critical issues.
- Working with other team members to provide the highest quality service to customers.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- General knowledge of, or willingness to learn, about Nagios products.
- Open to constructive feedback.
- Exceptional English speaking and writing communication skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with a positive attitude.
- Interest in technology AND/OR aptitude for technology.
- General understanding of Information Technology i.e. computers, software.
- Aptitude in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Customer service including, but not limited to: Customer engagement skills with the ability to establish trusted advisor relationships and the ability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrated history of closing sales.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated self-starter.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional work ethic and attitude.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and organization.
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Email clients (e.g Thunderbird or Outlook)
- Local to the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metro area
- SalesForce experience
- Pre-sales, consulting and/or consultative selling
- Previous experience in the technical industry
- Previous experience in software sales
- B2B sales experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Standard office environment.
- Temporarily Remote during COVID.
- Must have flexibility to work more than standard 8-hour days occasionally.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Insurance
- HSA option with Employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO
- 401K with Employer match
- Employer paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance
- Potential for bonuses based on performance
Interested? Send your resume in MS Word, OpenOffice, PDF, or text format to “jobs” at nagios.com and tell us why you’d be the best fit for our company.
Nagios Enterprises is a Twin Cities-based software company that’s disrupting the IT infrastructure monitoring market. Our network monitoring products are used worldwide and have strong brand recognition that rivals other long-term industry leaders.