Content Marketing Manager
St. Paul, MN
Join the Nagios Team!
Open source movement. Dot com boom. Internet of Things. We’ve thrived through every iteration of the 21st century Digital Age because we monitor the world’s IT infrastructure like no one else: nearly any device, anytime, anywhere, with one dashboard of results that give you certainty about your IT network and everything that’s on it. From small nonprofits to the most complex corporations and governments, we gather, deliver and analyze critical network data that supports your vision, mission and ambition. Nagios is used by millions of users worldwide because we’ve seen it all, we can monitor almost anything imaginable, and we’re built to anticipate what comes next.
Nagios Enterprises, a global leader in IT monitoring solutions, is looking for a B2B Content Marketing Manager to define, execute and own content strategy. This new, hands-on role will be responsible for developing and executing content marketing strategies such as blogs, whitepapers, case studies, guides, videos and more. The ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional who develops content that attracts and retains customers.
To excel in this role, you will need to have exceptional interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and advanced analytical and planning skills. If you are a self-starter, willing to take initiative to deliver world-class content, this is the place for you!
Your duties will include:
- Conduct content audits as well as gap analyses
- Develop a clear content strategy that engages, educates and converts customers
- Create and execute against an editorial calendar
- Produce content across a variety of formats and channels – product content, thought leadership pieces, technical content, blog posts, videos, email, social media content and more
- Optimize content using SEO best practices and available data and analytics
- Measure and report on the results of content marketing activities
- Conduct keyword and SEO research
- Social media management
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- B2B experience
- Strong understanding of content marketing best practices, including content strategy, message development and storytelling
- Well-versed in content-driven SEO, keyword research, usability best practices, social media and analytics
- Hands on experience with various analytics platforms, SEO reporting and Content Management Systems
- Understand where content fits in the marketing funnel
- Understand how to tailor content to different digital and social media platforms
- Comfortable writing with a high output while maintaining quality
- Solid analytical skills
- You’re a prioritizer: there are endless things we could do, so the ability to stay focused on the highest impact work is a must
- Idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Design sensibility that envisions how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations
- Extremely collaborative cross-functional team player who is open minded, flexible and willing to be hands-on in the role
- Degree in marketing, journalism, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
Term and Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. Full-time applicants are eligible for health, dental, PTO, and 401k benefits. There is a potential for bonuses based on performance.
Interested? Send your resume in MS Word, OpenOffice, PDF, or text format to “jobs” at nagios.com and tell us why you’d be the best fit for our company.